NANOG

Craig A. Huegen c-huegen at quad.quadrunner.com
Sun Apr 7 06:48:16 UTC 1996

On Sat, 6 Apr 1996, Vadim Antonov wrote:

> Hank Nussbacher wrote:
> >Craig came down very hard on Bob Metcalfe and I was hoping that over
> >the past few days someone would step in and explain that Bob is far
> >from being a clueless journalist.  I believe Craig is just showing
> >how young he is.
>
> On my part, when i was flaming B.M. i was perfectly aware of who he
> is.  However, being an authority is not a guarantee of being right
> or being clueful about that particular subject.

I strongly concur.  Even though I am young, I still have studied a lot of
networking history.  I knew who Bob Metcalfe was.

However, his InfoWorld article had some points which just made him look
like a complete newbie to this arena.  He didn't do research, and
therefore looked like a Web-Magazine-of-the-Month editor, using buzzwords
and appearing to have no clue of what was really going on.

Take it as you please,
--Craig