CIDR,Sprint and the Big Guys.

Kent W. England kwe at 6SigmaNets.com
Sat Apr 6 01:12:24 UTC 1996

At 08:25 AM 4/5/96 -0600, Tim Salo wrote:

>Perhaps, the [anticipated] consolidation of ISPs will be a significant
>event in the efforts to control routing table size.
>
>-tjs

Do we need address leasing to hasten that process or should we let the
market decide?  In any event, anyone buying up a bunch of ISPs will have a
difficult time cleaning up the aggregation of addresses they inherit.

--Kent

BTW, I thought it was the updates, peerings and flaps that was the true
problem, not the absolute number of routing table entries.