join the Internet Backbone

Kevin Rosenberg kevin at cyberport.com
Fri Apr 5 04:46:54 UTC 1996

> [...]
> that USWest, SISNA (who now claims to be the 3rd largest ISP/NSP and still
> have only a T1 to MCI, and claim that is a DS3) and all these other
> people who think that they are connected to the internet back bone.
> [...]

In Farmington, New Mexico, SISNA uses compressing DSU's on each side of
their 56K line to their main office.  They claim their 56K line is a
"T1-speed" line.

Being in local competition with them, that bugs me more than the "250MB"
tape drives that are only 120MB!

Kevin Rosenberg             | The Four Corner's Finest Internet Access
Chief System Administrator  | kevin at cyberport.com
CyberPort Station           | http://www.cyberport.com