NANOG

Jeff Ogden jogden at merit.edu
Wed Apr 3 22:20:12 UTC 1996

>From my point of view (from my customers' point of view) the Internet in
the US is failing right now. It hasn't collapsed, but some parts are almost
unusable due to congestion. I think lots of people are working hard to
improve that situation and I do think it will get better over time (and
then it will get worse again and better and ..., just as it has in the
past).  I do think communication about who is doing what, could be better.
I say this as a customer of an NSP (MCI) as well as an NSP manager myself
(MichNet a regional network in Michigan).

So I agree with Bob a lot more than I agree with Jerry or -mo.

  -Jeff Ogden
   Merit/MichNet (the non-RA half of Merit)