New Internet Routing Statistics

Craig Labovitz labovit at merit.edu
Tue Apr 2 15:26:52 UTC 1996

Using many of the suggestions and comments from the last IEPG and NANOG
meetings, we have put together some new Internet routing statistics web
pages. See http://www.ra.net/statistics/

These pages include real-time graphs of network instability, bar charts of the
sources of routing instability, snapshots of the Route Servers' routing
tables, graphs of long-term trends, bogus routing reports, and IRR
discrepancies.

In improving the quality and accuracy of these reports, we need your help. The
reports are only as good as the raw data the route servers receive in peering
sessions. If you are not peering with the route servers, we encourage you to
do so. Your routes will ONLY be used for statistics collection purposes
(unless you have explicitly registered policy in the IRR and indicated that
the RA should propagate the routes.)

To peer with the route servers, send mail to rs-peer at ra.net.

The RA thanks the following organizations for providing routes for statistics
collection/analysis:

ANS, Advantis, Aimnet, Alpha.Net, Alternet, Argonne, CAIS, CERFnet,
CWInet, DIGEX, DRAnet, DREN, DXnet, Delphi, ESnet, INAP.net, INSnet,
IOSnet, IconNet, Interpath, MCI, Nacamar, NetAxs, Netcom, Netrail,
 PIPEX, Suranet, Supernet, ThePlanet, TheWell, WIS.COM

- Craig

Craig Labovitz				labovit at merit.edu
Merit Network, Inc.			(313) 764-0252 (office)
4251 Plymouth  Road, Suite C.		(313) 747-3745 (fax)
Ann Arbor, MI 48105-2785