204.82.160.0/22 invisible (fwd)

Dorian Kim dorian at CIC.Net
Mon Sep 25 06:54:25 UTC 1995

On Mon, 25 Sep 1995, Kai wrote:

> In lieu of Computel knowing what the RADB is, I will handle the RADB entry
> myself, if I don't decide to recycle the assignment altogether and start
> from scratch, which is likely by now, after analyzing and evaluating the
> situation a bit more. The Internic should strap on more asbestos now.

Just out of curiosity, why should Internic strap on more asbestos?

I thought the following would have been warning enough:

 ***PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION PRIOR TO REQUESTING AN
IP NUMBER FROM THE INTERNIC:

Due to technical and implementation constraints on the Internet routing
system and the possibility of routing overload, certain policies may
need to be enforced by the major transit providers in order to reduce
the number of globally advertised routes.  These potential policies
may include setting limits on the size of CIDR prefixes added to the
routing tables, filtering of non-aggregated routes, etc.  Therefore,
addresses obtained directly from the InterNIC (non-provider-based,
also known as portable) are not guaranteed to be routable on the Internet.

-dorian