MBone broadcast of Monday's and Tuesday's Meetings.

Matt Mathis mathis at zippy.psc.edu
Sun Sep 10 16:06:09 UTC 1995

The meetings on Monday and Tuesday will be multicast.  See "NANOG" under sd
for the details.

We successfully tested full duplex operation through the PA system, and expect
to be able to include the MBone audience in the discussion, contingent on the
good behavior of the MBone itself.

One warning: We will be running with "net mutes mike", to permit people
on the MBone to interject comments.   The downside to this is that if
anyone leaves a mike open, it will disrupt the meeting.

Please no not unmute you mike or depend on "VOX" unless you are actively
participating in the conversation.   Open mikes will be silenced on our end,
effectively removing you from the discussion.

Thanks,
--MM--