WITHDRAWN: Motion for Post NSF AUP

joliveto at cwi.net joliveto at cwi.net
Sat Oct 21 14:49:23 UTC 1995

Tim;

I wouldn't get discouraged.  You started some good discussions...I agree a
post NSF AUP is warranted.  An understood "code of conduct" is always
necessary even if enforcement is, at best, arbitrary.  (A good example is the
Ten Commandments).

Myself...I do not have the time/energy to champion such a cause (my work see's
to that).  I WOULD support a properly worded AUP.

- jeff -

On Tue, 17 Oct 1995, Tim Bass <bass at dune.silkroad.com> wrote:

>The motion I put forward for creating a draft AUP is withdrawn.
>The objections to methods, words, groups, definitions, ideas,
>opinions, and general noise seem to outweight the constructive
>comments and suggestions.
>
>Thanks you, everyone, who provided constructive comments,
>encouragement and suggestions.  The other comments were
>just an example of what spam really is, IMHO :-)

Jeff Oliveto				Sr.Mgr. Operations Technical Services
Cable & Wireless, Inc			|	Phone:	+1.703.760.1764
1919 Gallows Road			|	Fax:	+1.703.760.3321
Vienna, VA  22182			|	Email:	joliveto at cwi.net