Motion for a new POST NSF AUP

William B. Norton wbn at merit.edu
Tue Oct 17 15:17:38 UTC 1995

Rick -

1) Yup, I agree with you that some smarter spammers may try to circumvent
whatever measures are implemented, but

2) Machines could automatically implement some rules before exploding,
forwarding, etc. and reduce the "subscribe me" and flagrant spamming.
Messages to the uninitiated culprits would as a side effect help to educate.

3) Some good would come from the existence of #2.

Bill