SECOND CALL FOR AUP MOTION

bmanning at ISI.EDU bmanning at ISI.EDU
Tue Oct 17 12:13:57 UTC 1995

> Ladies and Gentlemen:
>
> It will be very challenging to see a diverse and informed crowd
> such as the cross-section of com-priv and nanog attempt to reach
> an 80 to 90 percent concensus on what constitutes "Acceptable
> Usage" of the Internet.

	why do you think com-priv (US centric coverage on privatization and
	commercialization) and nanog (North American Network Operators)
	have a lock on defining an Internet AUP?

	Why not let the Africans, Chinese, Indians, Europeans and South
	Americans do it?  (We'll leave out the Japanese, Australians, Asians
	and North Americans becasue they don't count... :)

> What do you say?  Shall we table the motion or move forward?

	You seem to be just a tad deluded as to the relative
	importance of a few white males.  Perhaps we should
	figure out how to get a real cross-section of the
	Internet populace first, then worry about global
	policy.  Or better yet, focus on the policy for
	silkroad.com and ensure that others that you peer
	directly with understand your policy.
	Think globally, Act locally.  Get your own house
	in order first.

> Tim

--bill