Legislative Relief - was Re: Motion for a new POST NSF

Robert Raisch, The Internet Company raisch at internet.com
Mon Oct 16 18:31:15 UTC 1995

Paul, none of the suggestions I have seen so far (in more than
five years) offer something which 1. is an effective solution,
2. is technologically possible, and 3. places the burden of blame
on the perpetrator.

If you can propose a solution which does not imply:

	...imaginary technology to intuit a commercial message from
	its content  (can anyone say "content based routing"? ;)

	...making the management of the affected resources more
	rigorous than current practice

	...punishing the ISP for the actions of its customers

	...complex or impossible deployment issues

	...added administrative cost

I and many others would LOVE to hear about it.

I am the first to agree with Shakespere on the value of certain
members of the legal profession.

This time, however, I do not see any recourse.  Do you?

	</rr>

The Internet Company - info at internet.com
We Bring Only Value to the Global Internet