Funding for NAPs...

joliveto at cwi.net joliveto at cwi.net
Sun Oct 8 12:56:12 UTC 1995

Based upon my understanding of MFS & the LEC's cost bases, they ARE making
money at that rate.  It would be interesting to here if MFS & the LEC
disagree.

On Sat, 7 Oct 1995, Nathan Stratton <nathan at netrail.net> wrote:
>On Sat, 7 Oct 1995, Gordon Cook wrote:
>
>> That is correct.....  Pac bell and Ameritech bid zero cost because they
>> get income from the NAPs by charging people to attach.   bellcore gets a
>> small piece of change for providing research coordination with the two
rbocs.

>How is MFS and Ameritech making money at the NAP's then? $2,000 to
>connect to MAE-East including telco is vary good. How do they make money
>at that?
>
>-Nathan

Jeff Oliveto				Sr.Mgr. Operations Technical Services
Cable & Wireless, Inc			|	Phone:	+1.703.760.1764
1919 Gallows Road			|	Fax:	+1.703.760.3321
Vienna, VA  22182			|	Email:	joliveto at cwi.net