CIDR Aggregation Tool

Avi Freedman freedman at netaxs.com
Mon Nov 27 16:04:20 UTC 1995

> Avi,
> Did you not see the aggregation report by Tony Bates on cidrd
> posted periodically for the last couple of years?  It lists
> aggregation gains for each origin AS, rather than the BGP
> neighbor in your numbers.  IMHO, numbers based on origin AS
> is much more useful.
>
> If you need to invent wheels, let us at least invent better
> wheels :-)
>
> -- Enke

No, I missed the ASnum-based report by Tony on cidrd.

In any case, I thought it would be useful to try to gather the data
independently on real data in use by our network...

Also, the report based on ASN tends to miss JVNC etc... which
can be aggregated by their transit provider at the peering/exchange
locations.

Reports based on just next-hop seem to catch the top-level aggregation
possibilities (i.e. a customer of JVNC & a customer of some other
ISP might have adjacent /24s that could be aggregated)...

Avi