Links on the blink - reprise
marten at BayNetworks.com
Tue Nov 21 15:42:09 UTC 1995
* Key to the decision is the gamble that the switching
* ability of FR switches will compare with the switching
* ability of high-end routers in the same environment. This
* is not a gamble I am comfortable with, particularly as I
* have very strong ideas of how well an SSE-equipped 7000
* can switch packets in a backbone environment, and so far
* have only early impressions about one variety of popular
* FR switch in a similar environment.
Perhaps you have not looked at the right FR switch.
I know of at least one FR switch that will switch at
a higher rate than most currently used routers in a
More information about the NANOG