Links on the blink - what will/should mci & sprint do?

Michael Dillon michael at memra.com
Sun Nov 19 04:22:24 UTC 1995

On Sat, 18 Nov 1995, Alan Hannan wrote:

>         2) What is being done w/in our favorite vendor (Cisco) to
> 	   provide products capable of the next order of magnitude
> 	   of power required for Backbone routers?
>
> 	   Mention is made of the switched folks, what are they
> 	   using?  Is it reliable (enough)?  Is it cost-effective?

Remember that there are at least three other vendors who may have
solutions that will beat Cisco's capability but because this *IS* a
competitive market we aren't likely to hear much about their technology
until they are sure they can get their solutions to market and capture a
reasonable market share before anyone can copy them.

The 3 I am thinking of are N-Cubed, Bay Networks and IBM. In fact there
could even be others out there keeping really hush hush about what they
are doing. Remember, there was a time when people like Vadim were
complete unknowns to the net/tech community so you can't always predict
what will happen based upon what the well-known people are doing.

Michael Dillon                                    Voice: +1-604-546-8022
Memra Software Inc.                                 Fax: +1-604-542-4130
http://www.memra.com                             E-mail: michael at memra.com