Routing wars pending?

Zachary DeAquila zachary at zachs.place.org
Wed Nov 15 19:25:20 UTC 1995

Owen said:
>Sean said:
>> Hm, routing wars.  Fun stuff.  Expect much heat on this shortly... :(

[...]
>The question boils down to who really does own the address space, and
>frankly, the fact that money changed hands causes me to lean more towads
>the person who paid.

Well, but was the changing of money for a *purchase* or a *lease* ?  The coming
CIDRization seems to lend itself more toward leasing your IPs from your provider
than purchasing them... much like small companies rarely buy a suite in a larger
building, instead they lease... with IPs though, the length of term of the lease
would be something to the effect of 'while getting service from the same provider'.

 --Zachary