CIX doing registries?? Just say no!

Andrew Partan asp at uunet.uu.net
Thu May 25 01:36:31 UTC 1995

> that I would rather CIX stay the hell away from registries.

That is the general idea; the presentation mentioned making sure that
the CIX would not be a registery.

> Paul and Jerry mumbled something
> about a two-tiered service pricing scheme where CIX members would get
> lower fees.

I think that it was that the CIX would probably provide the proposed
s/w earlier to the CIX members; and to the general Internet later (ala
the X Consortium or the Gated Consortium).

I think that either you did not listen to the presentation very
carefully, or you managed to get something out of it that was not
there.
	--asp at uunet.uu.net (Andrew Partan)