Will there be mbone ?

Curtis Villamizar curtis at ans.net
Wed May 24 17:46:45 UTC 1995

In message <199505190340.UAA09106 at upeksa.sdsc.edu>, Hans-Werner Braun writes:

> >In message <Pine.SUN.3.91.950518085612.19007C-100000 at home.merit.edu>, "Susan
>  R.
> > Harris" writes:
> >> Yep, it'll be M-boned.		--Susan Harris
> >
> >Did you even get wb and wbimport running so people could give you
> >postscript files and use wb rather than a blurry and faded image of
> >the overhead projector?  Projecting the same thing from a VGA driven
> >projection TV would be better for people in the room than the plastic
> >things and the overhead too.
> >
> >Curtis
> >

> When can we start having virtual meetings *just* like that? And avoid
> travel.

Hans-Werner,

A real interesting idea would be to offer to hold the meeting at a
particular site *only* for those peoiple that did not have at least
mbone connectivity suitable for wb and audio, and have none of the
speakers attend, have them all present remotely.  :-)  :-)  :-)

It would certainly be a first for NANOG, though some IETF WGs have
already done this.  While fine for presentations, Q&A or open
discussion becomes tough to moderate.

Curtis