May COOK Report Published tonight (fwd)

Peter Lothberg roll at Stupi.SE
Tue May 9 14:50:21 UTC 1995

> I hope this is a road they never try to go down.
>
> Joseph Stroup
>
> On Sun, 30 Apr 1995, Michael Dillon wrote:
> >
> > I wonder how many of you have heard about the CIX plans to become THE
> > Internet routing arbiter and in other ways replace the former NSFNet?
> > Is there any serious possibility of their plans coming to fruition?

The Internet needs *much* better tools than what the NSF RA project
offers today (eg the relabeled work done by Ripe) and what they have
made public about future plans.

(Next days delivery in a millisecond world is not very usefull.)

Either the Internet at large develops real tools for a "offline
registry" or we have to move this into the exterior routing protocols.

-Peter