Pointer to ATM performance work?

Curtis Villamizar curtis at ans.net
Tue May 9 23:16:01 UTC 1995

In message <9505091543.AA26046 at snad.ncsl.nist.gov>, Richard Colella writes:
> I seem to remember discussion at one of the meetings of some ATM
> performance work that looked at the benefits of discarding whole TCP
> packets when a cell was dropped.  Can someone give me a pointer to
> this?
>
> --Richard

Sally Floyd was coauthor of a paper with Allyn Rommanow that just got
published in JSAC May 1995, "Dynamics of TCP Traffic over ATM".  Since
Sally coauthored, I usually look at ftp.ee.lbl.gov and get vectored to
a sun site somewhere.  My copy of README.papers is a old, but try
playground.sun.com:pub/tcp_atm/tcpatm_dyn.0?.ps.Z where the ? is
replaced with a document version.

Curtis