Friday AS690 configs delayed

Dale S. Johnson dsj at merit.edu
Thu May 4 22:14:07 UTC 1995

All,

  The shutdown of the NSFNET service last week went wonderfully uneventfully
(though this was helped by a fair bit of scrambling by a lot of dedicated
people).  Since then, we have been attempting to optimize routing for
some nets, including changing the announcement preferences for over 5,000
nets this week.

  Because of this load, we have not been able to keep up with the normal
NACR processing this week.  We will deploy some confguration updates
tomorrow during the normal config window.  We will also have a config
window Saturday morning to roll out the rest of the updates.

  Please also remember that next Monday, May 8, NACR processing will be
turned off permanently.  After 09:00 EST on May 8, you may make your
changes to AS690 routing (and to the rest of the Internet Routing Registry
tools) by submitting Route and other templates to the RADB.  See:

  http://www.ra.net/routing.arbiter/RA/RADB.tools.docs/PRDB.retire.html

for more details on converting to the RADB.

							--Dale Johnson