Trouble Ticket Systems

Joachim Schmitz Schmitz at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu May 4 14:40:57 UTC 1995

 Dear Eric,

 you wrote:
> I'm looking for recommendations for a good trouble ticket system for a
> NSP/ISP.  Nothing fancy required, just somthing solid and easy to use.
 Depends very much on what you want to do, what your needs are, who is
 going to use it (inhouse, network operators only, anybody...)

> I'd like to hear what others are using.
 We are using Gnats - very simple, very easy, not quite what others may
 call professional, but it works to our satisfaction and it was exactly
 what we were looking for - ARS as commented by others did not meet our
 needs and was too complex for our liking (hey, it is great, but not
 the thing we wanted).
 I read about two overviews you might like to have a look at:
 - Computerworld, June 1992 (phone USA-508-879-0700), overview of 34
   trouble ticket systems (a bit dated)
 - Moffit, M.L. and Rose, W.: Automating Your Software Support,
   SSPA, Software Support Professionals Association, 16981 Via Tazonsuite,
   San Diego 92127, CA (phone USA-619-674-4864),
   compares more than 100 Trouble Ticket Systems
 (Actually, I only had a look at Computerworld and do not know the other
 one).
       Joachim

 Dr. Joachim Schmitz                              schmitz at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
 Rechenzentrum der Universitaet Stuttgart                ++ 711 685 5576 voice
 Allmandring 30                                          ++ 711 678 7626  FAX
 D-70550 Stuttgart                                       FRG (Germany)