Internic address allocation policy

Alan Hannan alan at mid.net
Mon Mar 20 02:04:16 UTC 1995

> I have an idea.  Why doesn't someone (a big network provider or some other
> entity which has technically competent people) offer the NIC $10,000 for
> a huge block of CIDR addresses which it will then resell (with prompt
> assignment and service etc.) to providers which need addresses,
> presumably at about the price they paid for them plus admin costs
> plus 20% or so.

  I know of several companies that would be willing to spend over $10,000 for
a class B network.  Money is not the issue.  Your idea of a (more efficient)
distribution center makes sense, however, this should be achieved through
group concensus and appointed councils, not by who wants to make money.
--
Alan Hannan		      	    (402) 472-0241         MIDnet Inc.
------------------------------\ fax (402) 472-0240   A Global Internet Company