root name servers

Bill Manning bmanning at ISI.EDU
Sat Jul 29 16:09:34 UTC 1995

> How about trying to move some of the root name servers to the exchange
> points?
>
> This will make them avaliable to all ISP/NSP's regardless of peering
> arrangements with others and would also improve connectivity to them.
>

> For security and stability reasons (aswell as political) they should
> not be run by a single organisation.

This is already being done.
	You have one at the DGix, the Internic machine is being moved,
	and there is a proposal to move/add additional
	servers to other exchange points around the globe.

What else  would you suggest doing?

I'm working on a plan to restructure the mbone topology to better reflect
the current actual topology.  There are some other ideas in the mill.
--
--bill