Call for Mbone reflectors

bmanning at ISI.EDU bmanning at ISI.EDU
Wed Jul 12 12:57:44 UTC 1995

> Bill,
>
> We have the mbone slot reserved for ISN. I will post this note to teachers
> today and begin doing what I can to get them involved. What needs to be
> done to push providers to get reflectors set up?
>
> Thanks,
> =-=-=-=-NOTE TO POST TO ED LISTS-=-=-=-=
> To all Educators able to use CU-SeeMe this summer!
>
> The Internet School Networking (ISN) group of the Internet Engineering
> Task Force (IETF) will be broadcasting its thrice-yearly meeting over the
> mbone on Monday, July 17. The meeting will be held in Stockholm, Sweden,
> from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. local time.
>
> If you would like to participate, please notify me as soon as possible!
>
> Thanks,
> Jennifer Sellers
> ISN Co-chair
>
>        ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
>        sellers at quest.arc.nasa.gov    NASA's K-12 Internet Initiative
>        gopher quest.arc.nasa.gov     Sterling Software
>        http://quest.arc.nasa.gov     700 13th Street, NW
>        phone: 202-434-8954           Suite 950
>        fax:   202-434-4599           Washington, DC  20005
>        ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
>
> =-=-=-=-END OF NOTE TO ED LISTS-=-=-=-=

Hi all,

	If we are actually going to have real teachers participate in
	the ISN - WG remotely, there should be an identified reflector
	net setup, since most of the target audience has access to
	CUSeeMe and not traditional mbone tools. (Odd, traditional &
	mbone linked together.. :)

	It should be possible to identify where on the Mbone topology
	current reflectors sit, and then we will have a better idea
	where new reflectors need to be.   What I really want to avoid
	is a reflector hosted at the IETF site and all that CUSeeMe
	traffic converging on that machine.. :)

	Any clues/assistance etc. would be helpful.
--
--bill