Sprint Service Problems

Justin Newton justin at rainbow.dgsys.com
Tue Dec 19 21:13:45 UTC 1995

On Tue, 19 Dec 1995, Melise wrote:

> Mr. Lewis,
>
> If you are a Sprint customer and are not calling these service lapses to their
> Network Management Center's attention, you are not giving them the opporturnity
> to serve you properly.
>
> Escalate the problem.

Well, when you call and you get some brand new temp (who sometimes I
actually know irl and they can barely /spell/ computer) who says, "Uhm,
we aren't having a problem".  You then explain the problem to them and
they go "Routing loop?" at which point you explain what a routing loop is
so that they can write an intelligible trouble ticket, at which point you
get in a queue where you get a call back by someone who at least know
that Cisco makes routers an hour later, well, it doesn't inspire
confidence (It does, however, inspire run on sentences).  I stopped
calling in anything except the most major of problems months ago (It was
pointless, nothing got fixed unless I stayed on the phone long enough to
actually teach the people what a router was, how the internet worked and
then got ecalated, after about the third escalation I would get someone
reasonably competent and they would fix it in ten seconds.  I let someone
else waste their time in the hold queue now.)  Yes, I have bad feelings
towards sprint.  When they make a backbone that works then they should
come back to the internet.  As seen in sig files everywhere, "The
internet was built to survive a nuclear strike?  It can't even survive
Sprint."