Summary of the RA situation was Re: Routing registry was Re: Sprint BGP filters in 207.x.x.x?

Sean Doran smd at chops.icp.net
Sun Dec 17 05:20:30 UTC 1995

    Elise> Another area where the RA team has been
    Elise> agressively making efforts to maintain current
    Elise> information is the maintainer objects.

While I know this is true (I've seen it and applaud
efforts to have accurate POC information for everything),
I am amused by the maint record for AS 2885:

: chops.icp.net-MHRC ; NT-AS2885
mntner:      MAINT-AS2885
descr:       People authorized to make changes for AS2885
admin-c:     Not Available from RADB
upd-to:      AS2885 at ra.net
auth:        MAIL-FROM epg at merit.edu
auth:        MAIL-FROM jyy at merit.edu
mnt-by:      MAINT-AS2885
changed:     DB-admin at ra.net 950201
source:      RADB

since I believe that Jessica Yu now reads email at ANS...

    Elise> recommendation of the RIPE routing working
    Elise> group, the EOF and NANOG, the RA team populated
    Elise> the incomplete maintainer objects from
    Elise> information in the InterNIC.

Hm, what about the "complete" ones?  There is a striking
comparison to be made here:

: chops.icp.net-MHRC ; whois 2885
RA-NAP (ASN-NAP-FOUR)
   Information Sciences Institute
   4676 Admiralty Way, Suite 1001
   Marina del Rey, CA 90292-6695

   Autonomous System Name: NAP-FOUR
   Autonomous System Number: 2885

   Coordinator:
      Manning, William [RA Project Mgr]  (WM110) bmanning at ISI.EDU
      (310) 822-1511

   Record last updated on 17-Aug-94.

between what the InterNIC folks have in their database and
what you have in yours.

Gee, who's got the RIGHT information???

(Automation wants to know...)

	Sean.

P.S.:
    Elise> The RA team has announced a
    Elise> tool which converts cisco configurations to
    Elise> database format, and the team is willing to
    Elise> work with any organization which wishes to make
    Elise> large scale changes in stale data.

Well, this is good news, actually.

	Sean.