Sprint BGP filters in 207.x.x.x?

Jeremy Porter jerry at fc.net
Thu Dec 14 07:26:19 UTC 1995

>>If we had a good method for people to indicate routes that they didn't want to
>>be aggregated, then more proxy aggregation could be done safely.
>>

>	If I may...  The idea of using a routing registry for
>	this purpose has been suggested before. I still think
>	it is a valid approach.  Could be very useful in assisting
>	with better proxy aggregation for all.

Let me just say I think the RR has some good uses, i.e.
finding out what people intended the routing to look like, etc.

I don't really understand how a RR can help with proxy aggregation
seeing as the route objects really only provide origin AS
and regular aggregation.

It seems to me dual homed sites which are the concence of
proxy aggregation, can be detected with a reasonably full set
of routes, i.e. the second from AS from the origin in the ASPATH
being different.  (Or some split in the path outside of an
AS communinity or confederation).

But I don't fully understand all the details of this, so I'm
sure someone can correct me if I'm wrong.