Sprint BGP filters in 207.x.x.x?

Gordon Cook gcook at tigger.jvnc.net
Wed Dec 13 16:17:40 UTC 1995

Daniel Barton writes:

MCI aggregates all its customer's routes into /19's.  We have just
received our first block of address space from the 207.x.x.x range.  If
you continue to filter at /18's for the 207.x.x.x range, you won't be
able to reach all of MCI's customers.

Needless to say MCI would appreciate it if you'd change your policy to be
/19's, and I'm sure Sprint's customers would appreciate it as well.
==========
Aside from what Daniel says about Sprint and MCI's routing policy
mismatch, this statement is interesting on another level.  For Dan says:
MCI aggregates all its customer's routes into /19's.  This is new is it
not?  Also it says *MCI* does the aggregating and not the customer.
Would someone please explain how this differs from what I understand to
be Sprints policy which says (i believe) that it is the CUSTOMER's
responsibility to aggregate the routes they present to sprint???

Why would MCI do the aggregating?  Is such mci policy good for mci or
good for the customer or equally good for both?

The COOK Report on Internet                Individ. hard copy   $150
431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618          Small Corp & Gov't   $200
(609) 882-2572                             Corporate            $350
Internet: cook at cookreport.com              Corporate Site Lic.  $650
Web:  http://pobox.com/cook/    Newly expanded COOK Report Web Pages