Censorship, Obligations, and Legal Responsibility

Jerry Crow crow at lark.cc.ukans.edu
Sun Dec 3 21:39:37 UTC 1995

On Sun, 3 Dec 1995, Sean Doran wrote:

> I hate to throw a wet blanket at Alan, but I would really
> prefer to redirect this kind of philosophical/legal question
> to either the cix-members list or to com-priv.

I totally agree -- and migrating this discussion to a more appropriate
forum is not "throwing a wet blanket" at the original poster.  It is
merely locating a more efficient and demographically optimal venue in
which to carry on the discussion.

I think the original question is one that needs to be asked and discussed,
just not here.  I have been disappointed of late to see the usefulness (in
terms of what I believe the mission of NANOG to be) index of the NANOG
list traffic erode considerably as the discussions wandered far afield of
what, IMHO, should be the focus for this discussion group.

Thanks for the suggestion, Sean.

/Jerry