Censorship, Obligations, and Legal Responsibility

Sean Doran smd at chops.icp.net
Sun Dec 3 16:19:25 UTC 1995

I hate to throw a wet blanket at Alan, but I would really
prefer to redirect this kind of philosophical/legal question
to either the cix-members list or to com-priv.

I don't want to see NANOG dissolve into a forum for discussing
legal issues, principally because a/ it's *NA*NOG, and the law
is different in places in north america outside the USA,
which many people invariably tend to forget, and b/ such
discussions invariably attract long-winded flamefests.

Given that such issues really don't overly affect network
operations at this point in time, perhaps we won't be too
bad off not dealing with them on this mailing list.

	Sean.