Comments on draft-ietf-cidrd-ownership-01.txt

Dave Crocker dcrocker at brandenburg.com
Wed Aug 23 19:26:27 UTC 1995

Folks,

        Last week I sent detailed comments on the "Ownership" I-D to the
cidrd mailing list.  Scott Bradner (Ops AD) asked me to submit the comments
that I wrote as an I-D for wider dissemination.  I added an introduction
(summary) and an ending (recommendations) around the original comments on
the Ownership (leasing) proposal.

>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
>directories. This draft is a work item of the CIDR Deployment Working Group
>of the IETF.
>
>       Title     : The Myth of Topological Hierarchy:  Comments on
>                   <draft-ietf-cidrd-ownership-01.txt>
>       Author(s) : D. Crocker
>       Filename  : draft-ietf-cidrd-myth-00.txt
>       Pages     : 4
>       Date      : 08/22/1995
>
>This note offers comments on the technical and operational aspects of the
>proposal for large-scale use of "address leasing" recommended in "On the
>Implications of Address Ownership for Internet Routing", I-D
><draft-ietf-cidrd-ownership-01.txt>, by Rekhter & Li.  The draft has been
>produced within the cidrd working group and is intended for publication as
>a Best Current Practices official IETF document.
>
>Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
>"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
>type "cd internet-drafts" and then
>     "get draft-ietf-cidrd-myth-00.txt".
>A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
>ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cidrd-myth-00.txt

Dave Crocker                                                +1 408 246 8253
Brandenburg Consulting                                fax:  +1 408 249 6205
675 Spruce Dr.                                       page:  +1 408 581 1174
Sunnyvale, CA  94086 USA                           dcrocker at brandenburg.com