CIDR FAQ

Dave Siegel dsiegel at net99.net
Fri Aug 18 00:01:14 UTC 1995

> On Thu, 17 Aug 1995 00:30:19 +0200 (MET DST) you said:
> >Simon Poole wrote:
> >>
> >> Yakov, if you have data that CIDR is -not- working for new allocations
> >> please present it here.
> >>
> >> Simon
> >
> >CIDR doesn't work as it should. We had to inject all of the more specifics
> >of 194.45/16 cause Sprintlink isn't able to handle CIDR routes correctly.
>
> Can someone explain this a bit more?  This sounds like a showstopper
> for CIDR.

I have noticed some similar problems.  MCI routing breaks if you provide them
with an identical path at multiple interconnects if it is advertised to them
at equal cost, hence they always like to see MEDs.

The most straight forward way to solve the problem is to announce more
specific's, like you say.  It's not the only solution, but it's one.

Dave

--
Dave Siegel			Director of Engineering, Net99
http://www.webcity.com/		(602)249-1083 24x7 NOC line