CIDR FAQ

Tony Li tli at cisco.com
Thu Aug 17 21:25:36 UTC 1995

Curtis,

   This would be a good outline for an information RFC giving the status
   of CIDR deployment.  CIDR deployment status is an important issue for
   the Internet.  It is not well understood outside of the NANOG, IEPG,
   CIDRD community (which are all the same people anyway).  With the move
   to discourage portable addresses, CIDR deployment directly affects a
   large body of users who don't understand the issues or the broader
   picture.  These users might be less inclined toward accusations that
   users are taking the brunt of the changes and twoard conspiracy
   theories if the bigger CIDR deploymnent picture was more clearly
   presented to them.

Thank you, yes I agree.  I would very much like to see a volunteer
step forward and write such a document.  They are welcome to the
"outline" and I'll forgo any credit for it.  ;-)

Tony