CIDR FAQ

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Wed Aug 16 15:29:00 UTC 1995

> the routing table is no longer doubling every nine months.  we've been
> sort of hanging out in the 25,000 - 30,000 range for almost six months
> now.

another explanation of the famous graph is that has entered a sawtooth
phase.  there is still the same underlying growth, which one can see on
the upswings, where dx/dt is pretty much the same old scary ramp.  the
vertical drops are when yet another AS aggregates.

smooth it with a nice line, and things appear to have changed.  but soon
we will run out of old messes [willing] to aggregate.

randy