ATM thruput

bmanning at ISI.EDU bmanning at ISI.EDU
Thu Aug 3 07:44:39 UTC 1995

> Gosh, but who would be interested in T1 access into a NAP,
> unless their arm was being twisted via some financial
> arrangement into being at a NAP-of-little-current-value?  ;->
>
> (Except maybe someone sold on the idea that bringing a T1
> into a NAP is a good way to get global connectivity...)
>
> 	Sean.  (personally curious)

I wonder who might fit into your first catagory?

I've recently heard this argument.

The 400 local ISP's in the NAP metro area who want a common exchange
point among themselves.  They then make a great collective which can
bargin with a long-haul carrier for transit.

Not quite what others may have had in mind when the NAPs were formed,
but very much in line with one of the original goals of MAE-East nee
GIX.

--bill