EP.NET ???

bmanning at ISI.EDU bmanning at ISI.EDU
Wed Aug 2 18:07:47 UTC 1995

> I don't get this at all.
>
> On Jul 31,  6:51, bmanning at ISI.EDU <bmanning at ISI.EDU> wrote:
> > Welcome to the USA, Land of a thousand startup ISP's.
>
> "I want to be an Internet Provider."
>
> > They decline for a couple of reasons:
>
>  	"I don't have DNS running internally"
>  	"I perceive the EP node to be "outside" my domain"
>  	"I don't know/care"
>  	"Can somebody please set it up for me."
>
> Doesn't seem a productive way of raising the quality among new people
> (cf the CIDR FAQ under construction).

 I look forward to the CIDR FAQ, although I am not sure it has any info
 on domain naming or services that an ISP should offer or use.

 As to your other query, I don't get it either.  It may be too much
 money and greed at work.  I don't know,  I just work here.
 (I've -always- wanted to use that line! :)

--bill