Has PSI been assigned network 1?

Michael F. Nittmann nittmann at wis.com
Sun Apr 23 17:33:54 UTC 1995

Hank,

Enduser filtering (CERN) is in principle completely different from what we
(might if not possible else) do:

I am not supposed to filter anything between meetpoints and customers,
because I agree to some people who pay for it to provide Internet access.

I would filter nothing at all (curretnly do filter nothing), which does
not mean that my suport hosts and networks are open.
Filtering comes alo into place when customers want only access between
certain networks,
but 			in general

NSPs/ISPs are not supposed to filter at all.

Routing is different. We filter routing updates (not access filters) to
accelerate BGP convergence. We filter what we announce to the outside
world (of course not all the trash we get in).

That is not that fast paced changing data since the provider-provider
structure is rather stable.

And we don't need to nacr for each small 2 node attachment either, so I
see no big workload there.

Why must the NACR process be so responsive?

Mike

Michael F. Nittmann                                             nittmann at wis.com
Network Architect						nittmann at b3.com
B3 Corporation, Marshfield, WI (CIX Member)               (715) 387 1700 xt. 158
US Cyber (SM), Washington DC				  (715) 573 2448
							  (715) 831 7922