Has PSI been assigned network 1?

Alan Hannan alan at mid.net
Sat Apr 22 00:36:59 UTC 1995

Karl wrote:

> Fascistic filtering breaks connectivity.

  Please explain this.  I do not think that strict filtering of routes
necessarily detracts from sustained connectivity.  While it may decrease the
elasticity of the net, and it may delay the time for new networks to be
connected, properly thought out routing policies can properly effect sturdy,
efficient networks.

> So you trade a *risk* of broken connectivity for KNOWN broken connectivity?

  Yes, actually, I would.  It comforts me to know that there are two more
hurdles placed in network X's way so that our routes can not be spoofed across
the world.

> Sounds like a poor trade to me, and one which, undertaken consciously and
> with knowledge of the repercussions, leaves you with being less than a full
> Internet connectivity provider.

  By filtering the routes that an ISP allows they are less than a full ISP?!!?

--
Alan Hannan		      	    (402) 472-0241         MIDnet Inc.