Has PSI been assigned network 1?

Tim Salo salo at msc.edu
Fri Apr 21 19:22:40 UTC 1995

> Date: Fri, 21 Apr 1995 14:45:58 -0400
> From: Vadim Antonov <avg at sprint.net>
> To: Daniel.Karrenberg at ripe.net, avg at sprint.net
> Subject: Re:  Has PSI been assigned network 1?
> Cc: nanog at merit.edu, rps at isi.edu
>
> Daniel, it shows that you live in the world where
> 1000+ internet service providers isn't reality yet :)
>
> A half of them has to be explained how route announcement
> is different from broadcasting.  Forget about good
> citizenship -- they may be willing but they must be
> educated first.
> 	[...]

Educated by whom?

It seems to me that this education is one of the services that small
ISPs ought to expect of their national service providers.

Conversely, it seems that the rest of the community ought to expect
that national service providers will be responsible for educating
their customers, (e.g., ISPs).

-tjs