Has PSI been assigned network 1?

Hank Nussbacher HANK at taunivm.tau.ac.il
Wed Apr 19 21:16:06 UTC 1995

On Wed, 19 Apr 1995 13:50:52 -0400 you said:
>Well, there is a big _if_:  if things will work w/o RADB (and they
>will, for no sane provider will use RADB as the sole source of
>exterior information at peering points, not for at least before
>it became the proven and stable service) -- people will forget
>to update things, cut the corners, etc.

The Ebone access I get via CERN is controlled strictly via
the prototype RADB at ripe.net.  It works flawlessly.

>RADB got to be easy to use to become real.  The e-mail interface
>of NACRs is close to uselessness, and too big headache to deal with.
>Waiting time on processing is simply ridiculous.

I've been sending updates to auto-dbm at ripe.net for the past 2 years
with no problem.

>There should be a host accepting telnet sessions for on-line
>updates (which have to be installed *immediately*, so whoever
>added a network can test connectivity and go ahead).

telent info.ripe.net to test it out.

>There should be well-defined and useful interface to service
>providers databases.
>
>It should be secure.

I use a password on all AS updates to AS378.

>RADB should be able to implement _existing_ routing policies,
>not the subset which can be defined in RIPE-81  (it currently
>can't, there are places which use a lot of _very_ hairy stuff).
>
>Without that i do not see RADB being successful or useful beyond the
>point of filtering updates from particularly obnoxious peers.

It may not have everything we want today but it is an excellent starting
platform.

>--vadim

Hank