Sprint NAP Status

Tim Streater t.c.streater at dante.org.uk
Fri Sep 23 18:48:46 UTC 1994

At 20:02 23/09/94, Farooq Hussain wrote:
>Sprint NY NAP Status
>
>At this time (9/23/94) Sprint's NAP is ready to accept customers. MCI and ANS
>are fully connected to the NAP and are ready exchange traffic with each other
>and other NSPs once appropriate peering agreements have been concluded.

Farooq,

Thanks for the update. One question I have about the NAPs is, is there
anything in the NAP setup/agreement/whatever that precludes an NSP, present
at the NAP, from accepting customer (i.e. *its* customers) connections to
its router at the NAP location. Stated another way, can an NSP present at
the NAP treat the NAP location as just another PoP?

Thanks,

Tim Streater, DANTE.    t.c.streater at dante.org.uk   +44 223 302992