FYI - unproven technology

Curtis Villamizar curtis at ans.net
Wed Oct 19 19:00:13 UTC 1994

FYI-

For those that don't appreciate the consequences of using unproven
technology.  The good news on Mae-East is packet loss is down to 15%
from 40%?  :-(

Congratulations to Sprint for picking a technology that is known to
work for the Sprint NAP.  FDDI works.  We'll see how the others NAPs
do, though I'm not encouraged by test results so far.

Curtis

BTW - this is Mae-East (the MFS bridged ethernet), not Mae-East+ (the
bridged FDDI).