The "best" version of "ping"?
vaf at Valinor.BARRNET.NET
Tue Oct 4 22:41:15 UTC 1994
Throughout the years, I've seen a number of different versions of "ping" with
various features like:
- "-f" switch which pings a destination as fast as possible
- "-c" switch which acts like the ping function on a cisco router
- TTL reporting
- improved clock resolution
- ability to specify data pattern
- ability to source jumbograms
I would be interested in finding versions of "ping" with such "enhanced"
functionality. Does anyone have either a canonical "best" version that
incorporates many/all of these enhancements or, failing that, pointers to
various versions which incorporate different sets of features?
More information about the NANOG