Additions to the NSFNET policy-based routing database

Mark Kosters markk at internic.net
Tue May 10 19:44:58 UTC 1994

> I think the rWhois is a win.

As an unbiased user, I agree :^). Like I mentioned before, we (the
InterNIC) plan on using this in the very near future. We would encourage
any of you providers to join in on this pilot project that is underway.

We think it has a lot of promise as solution to our current operational
problems. Bill has seen the light.

Once you get the server built (source on rs.internic.net:/pub/rwhois) and
populated with data, send a the below template to me (markk at internic.net)
and I'll attach you to the root server.

  Object-Type: referral
  Referral:
  Domain-Name:
  IP-Network:

Explanation:

  Referral: is the DNS hostname of your server along with the port
    in the format hostname:port.
  Domain-Name: Part of the DNS tree that you are SOA for.
  IP-Network: dotted quad address prefix / length

Example (RIPE's stub whois server):

  Object-Type: referral
  Referral: whois.ripe.net:43
  Domain-Name: ripe.net
  IP-Network: 193.0.0.0/8
  IP-Network: 194.0.0.0/8

If you have any questions about rwhois, please send me mail or
join the majordomo-administered list (rwhois at internic.net) and ask
there.

Thanks,
Mark

--

Mark Kosters              markk at internic.net        +1 703 742 4795
Software Engineer   InterNIC Registration Services