Additions to the NSFNET policy-based routing database

William Manning bmanning at is.rice.edu
Tue May 10 16:13:41 UTC 1994

Scale better from the point of view that the closer you get to the
actual source, the better.  With the delegation of CIDR blocks to
NSPs comes the responsiblity to keep accurate data on assignment and
sub-delegation.
We can all send in updates to a centralized service (Internic/Merit/RIPE/
APNIC) and then compete for cycles (yesterday the InterNic was not available
due to load for about 2 hours, I have had problems with PRDB access due
to merit.edu availablity) or we can distribute like DNS does.

I think the rWhois is a win.

--
Regards,
Bill Manning