CIDR deployment

Curtis Villamizar curtis at ans.net
Sat Mar 19 00:59:43 UTC 1994

> Can any of us arbitrarily deny our clients?  I think not.  If I choose to
> have Merit/ANS remove more specific routes, I think they are obligated to
> do so.  Is this true?  That way, -I- am responsible, not my provider.

We only propogate exact matches to the NACRs.  If you ask for a more
specific route to be removed, it's gone from ANS.  We will still
believe more specific routes (than what is listed in the NACR) from
you to get the next hop right but we won't export the more specific
routes into our IBGP (unless another NACR matches it exactly).

Did I understand the question right?

Curtis