AS690 Default to be Removed

Jordan Becker becker at ans.net
Fri Mar 18 15:10:50 UTC 1994

On Tuesday morning (March 22) at 05:00 EST, we will remove the AS690
default by changing the configuration on washington2.dante.net to stop
announcing default to CNSS57.  This message serves as early notice to
providers who are encouraged to submit NACRs for these class-less nets
that are intended to be announced to AS690.  We observe that there are
currently (80) class-less nets that are being announced to AS1133 over
MAE-East that have *NOT* all been configured (perhaps by choice) to
AS690.

Following this change, we might receive inquiries about lost or
changed connectivity of the following forms:

1.	Change/Loss of connectivity that would not have been supported
	with appropriate configuration, but was triggered by default
	of AS690->AS1133.  This is not a problem.

2.	Change/Loss of connectivity due to class-less nets that are
	intended to be announced to AS690 but have not yet been
	configured in the PRDB.  Service providers might wish to
	submit NACRs for these nets to Merit before the Tuesday
	morning.

3.	Change/Loss of connectivity due to class-less nets that are
	configured and announced to AS690, but become unreachable for
	some reason by other AS690 peers (e.g. non-default, non-CIDR
	peers).  At this stage, this is unlikely, but it is possible
	and so we will watch for it.