CIDR deployment

Vince Fuller vaf at Valinor.Stanford.EDU
Thu Mar 17 22:24:00 UTC 1994

    >A better way to spend our resources and to gain *real* confidence with
    >the newly deployed CIDR is to follow the strategy used by Havard:

            >1. Announce a CIDR aggregate
            >2. Remove individual components of the aggregate and
               >test its impact on the connectivity.

    	Are you advocating to use real operational nets as
    	guinea pigs :-)?  I feel, at least in this stage which
    	we know the exsitence of CIDR-traffic-black-holing-ASs,
    	Eric-jan's approach is a more appropraite one.

Jessica-
  We seem to already have a more than adequate supply of volunteers to be
guinea pigs, so I see no reason not to procede with testing on live network
numbers.

  There are real sites out there that are starting to suffer from huge routing
tables - let's not delay CIDR deployment any more than necessary.

	--Vince