this week's CIDR progress

James Aldridge jhma at Britain.EU.net
Mon Jun 20 15:56:30 UTC 1994

Jessica Yu <jyy at merit.edu> writes:
> If you have already run BGP4 but not doing aggregate, advertise aggregate and
> withdrawn more specific routes.

EUnet GB (AS1290) is now announcing the aggregate route 193.112/13 and I
have (within the last few minutes) withdrawn the more specific routes from
our external BGP4-capable peers.

Whilst a quite a number of the more specific routes in this block were
not previously being routed I hope that this change has made some
impression on the size of the world's routing tables.

James

--   ____
=   /      /   /   ___    ___  _/_ =  James Aldridge, EUnet GB (GBnet Ltd),
=  /----  /   /  /   /  /___/  /   =  Kent R&D Business Centre, Giles Lane,
= /____  /___/  /   /  /___   /    =  Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7PB, UK.
=== Connecting Europe since 1982 ===  Tel: +44 227 475497  Fax: +44 227 475478